Have some extra time to tidy up? Here are a few places that I like to clean that can make a big impact. These are typically the most neglected areas so be prepared to really dig in.
- Buttons in the Car
- Behind the Sink Faucet
- Hair Brushes
- Shower Head
- Under the Faucet
- Ice Box
- All the nooks and crannies in the stairs
I am crazy when it comes to keeping a clean home.
Here are a few of the super easy tips and tricks I have tried and loved!!
- Clorox Toilet Bowl Gel Cleaner: I use this stuff all over the place
- Around the edges of the tub (I let it sit for a while on really icky spots)
- In the toilet… duh!
- Around the edge of the sink where all the nasties like to hang out
- In my mop water
- Have Big Storage Containers. Never Small.
- Big storage containers are great because you can shove the big clunky items in them along with the little stuff. If you start getting a lot of little storage baskets, you start to get clutter.
- Give This Minimalism Thing a Try.
- Go through your entire house top to bottom, don’t skip a drawer, closet, bin, envelope, nook or cranny and get rid of anything you don’t use at least twice a month. Every item you don’t have is an item you don’t have to clean, sort, organize.
- Mix Dawn Dish Soap and Jet Dry and use it to clean:
- Shower (no more water spots)
- Faucets – look SO shiny
- Mirror in the Shower
I have one bucket that I take with me as I clean my house. I don’t keep any extra cleaning supplies around. Just one bucket. I feel safer knowing I don’t have chemicals sitting around and have a ton of free cabinet space.
Here is what I keep in my bucket:
- Antiseptic Wipes
- Bleach Spray
- Carpet Brush
- Carpet Cleaner
- Essential Oils
- Garbage Bags
- Glass Cleaner
- Jewelry Cleaner
- Rubber Gloves
- Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Swiffer Dusters
- Toilet Brush
What item is a must in your cleaning kit??